Saturday, July 23, 2011

Simple product backlog

There are a lot of complex tools to manage product backlog, and do a lot more. You probably know Greenhopper for JIRA, or IcedScrum just to mention two of them. 
These tools are good, but a bit heavy weighted if you are looking for a simple possibility to manage your product backlog for a small or middle sized project.

For my purposes, I've made a simple excel sheet (or better say a Libre calc sheet), that I'd like to share with you.

It has some additional features like:
  • Progress estimation (sprint estimation) based on recorder or assumed velocity
  • Velocity chart
  • Story burn-down chart

I'm really interested on any feedback or on suggestions for improvement. I do upload an excel version too, but I can't test it, so if you gonna be sure, just use the ods file.


ProductBacklog.xls
ProductBacklog.ods

No comments:

Post a Comment